Chopin – Selected Piano Works – Roberto Prosseda
A great recording by an up and coming Italian pianist. Chopin selected works played on a terrific instrument.
In February of 2003, Italian pianist Roberto Prosseda came to California to perform and record a project with composer/pianist Michael Glenn Williams. AIX Records was fortunate enough to make his acquaintance and get the opportunity to record his amazing talent. He has won numerous international piano competitions and now travels extensively performing and lecturing.
As a composer and functional pianist, I was particularly interested in Roberto’s ability to play using “vibrato” on the piano. I would have told anyone who says a piano can play vibrato that they were crazy. But having seen it done, I can attest to the technique as valid. Robert restrikes that keys without triggering an additional hammer striker on the strings and causes the note to lengthen and “shimmer”. It’s really very impressive and we caught it up close on video.
These incredible piano works are played superbly by this award-winning pianist. His range of dynamic expression and incredible touch are among the best I have ever encountered. We recorded this project on a 7 foot Bosendorfer instrument.
AIX Records’ standard DVD-Audio/Video have music on a single-sided DVD-Audio/Video disc, which is compatible with all DVD players. Customers wishing to hear the highest possible MLP presentation are required to have a DVD-Audio capable machine. The is no video of the recordings. The audio is available in DTS, DD, PCM [96/24 stereo] and MLP [DVD-Audio sector only].
The sound of this recording brings the musicians into your listening space. The HD-Audio surround mixes immerse you in the musical interplay with full range frequency response and dynamics.
- Nocturne op. 32 no, 1 in B Major –
- Scherzo op. 20 in B minor –
- Impromptu op. 36 in F sharp major –
- Nocturne op. 27 no. 2 in D flat major –
- Etude op. 10 no. 4 in C sharp minor –
- >Nocturne op. 9 no. 1 in B flat minor –
- Nocturne op. 9 no. 2 E flat major –
- Valse op. 64 no. 1 in D flat major –
- Valse op. 64 no. 2 in C sharp minor –
- Valse op. 64 no. 3 in A flat major –
- Nocturne op. 15 no. 1 F major –
- Mazurka op. 59 no. 1 in A minor –
- Ballade op. 52 in F minor –